We’re two weeks into vision casting for 2012. So far, we’ve stated that our vision for the year boils down to two words: Make Disciples. Today, we looked at a picture of disciple making community from Acts 2:42, 4:32, and 5:11-13. The picture is compelling and requires sacrifice to pull off. Adam offered the list below as what is required to make the picture a reality in our community:
1. Let go of your old paradigm (worldview, framework)
2. See the Gospel in a new light (it is massive and affects all of life)
3. Embrace Biblical community (hospitable, gospel-centered)
4. Take ownership for people (are we good news?)
5. Forget about yourself.
6. Forsake fear, comfort, and consumerism.
7. Construct more than we deconstruct.